A new normal, a new crazy?

On Friday the 13th, we were shopping for Precious some shoes for CC protocol dinner when one of my accompanying teacher-clients called and decided to cancel/postpone her recital. Then the choir I accompany cancelled class until April. Then the band stopped meeting and postponed the SoloFest that I was to accompany. 40+ pieces that I was learning ground to a halt. Things started to be a bit surreal.
Our first protocol dinner. Precious is at least 4 inches taller than I am!

We started staying home a week ago. I tutored my first Zoom class. *Then* I watched two webinars on hosting online classes! I learned a lot by jumping in with both feet, and then I learned even more tips from the webinars. Fun stuff. It's nice to see our friends' faces even though we can't meet in person. All of the kids are having online music lessons via FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom.

The first week was a little crazy while tutors who weren't set up to do online learning figured things out. As the week progressed, we had random meetups for 4 different meetings and tutors. It was a challenge to make sure no one missed a meeting with meetings taking place all over the board.


But, I have to say, staying home is going well, overall. We've made a few grocery runs. Thankfully, I needed toilet paper at my Costco trip a month ago. We've had enough through the store-emptying craziness. The grocery store in our small town had some the last time I checked, and we're not hoarding.

We had a great CC Week 23 morning with Peter and the Wolf and George meets the orchestra (Aussie accents!). We've been enjoying a free subscription to the Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall.

My online English teaching is going well. February was a record-breaking month because the whole country of China was at home and wanted to take English lessons in the mornings and evenings. I took a few days off in March, but students have filled almost all of the slots I opened.

We're enjoying the pace. Our backyard and garden are looking fabulous. New Daddy has put in a couple of new, raised hügelkultur beds! One is a general veggie bed, and the other is going to be for asparagus! We are huge asparagus fans, so it will be fun to have it available consistently. There is a horse boarding business nearby that offers free, partially-composted manure. New Daddy also decided to plant seeds in the former burn pile, since removed partially-burned logs to start hügelkultur beds. It's kind of cool to see everything having a purpose... and looking really clean.

Facelift and new lavender plant for the herb garden out front

Teens removing an old privacy panel

Bubby moved the blueberries to the side of the house, and New Daddy has run irrigation.

Salad table refresh- sorrel is still going strong!

Manure/compost pile on left, new ATV shelter for the lawn mower, raised hügelkultur bed #1

Burning the burn pile last Saturday... chicken tractor for sale?

As of this morning, it's a planted garden bed! New Daddy doesn't waste time...

Most importantly, we are under great anticipation of what all of this means for God's children! Sunday was certainly a red-letter day as we joined thousands of believers across the globe to hear God's stored-up food for us to hear at this very time. We are so blessed.

Comments