The flu, a new phone, and a bluetooth keyboard

It hasn't been too long since my last post (almost a month?), but I'm finding myself sitting on the couch, waiting for the flu to pass, and feeling contemplative while I listen to frogs chirping outside the open door in December.  What is up with this weather?

New Daddy and I had planned to let our trip to Great Wolf Lodge be the Christmas present this year (not a place I'd wholeheartedly recommend to a believer, now that we've been).  Trips, not stuff.  It sounds good in theory.  But when we went to Best Buy late Thanksgiving evening (it's become our regular outing while the kids stay with Poppy and Mimi), we found Fire 7's for $34.99.  And so it began.  So-and-so wasn't getting a Fire, so they needed something else.

We made it a point, though, in the weeks following, to completely deter the kids from the thought that Christmas would involve material presents.  There would be stockings, but that was it.  That package that arrived from Amazon?  No, that was for your cousins (also true). On the night before they opened gifts, New Daddy worked into devotionals a huge compliment for the kids not being materialistic.  It was great.  They woke up the next morning, unsuspecting.  Bubby was the first to discover the presents, and the shock was real, totally gratifying for us.  The only downside to all of this is that if we try to sneak in a trip next year, the kids probably won't believe us.  Oh, well.

At Thanksgiving shopping (I'm not even going to call it "black Friday"), one of the things I scored for myself was a bluetooth keyboard at half-price. I spend a lot of time on my phone and kindle.  Going all the way downstairs, or sitting in the uncomfortable desk upstairs, just to write a post, was too much trouble.  Never would you find this gal writing a post using swype.  I might have done speech-to-text for post at some point in the past, but then decided it wasn't worth the trouble.  Enter this fabulous keyboard!  I'm pretty happy.

Then, while we were in Pigeon Forge vacationing with New Daddy's family before Christmas, my Windows phone disappeared into thin air.  Seriously, I sent an email to our animal sitter on the phone, and then New Daddy and I left for the grocery store.  I realized I didn't have my phone when we were at the store researching the oranges we were thinking about buying.  We wanted to make sure they were from California and not Florida.  California oranges are juicier.  It was then that I realized I didn't know where my phone was.  The oranges were from California, and we bought them.  The vacation passed, and still no phone.

I had been on T-Mobile, and service in my house was almost nonexistent.  I was pretty happy to have an excuse to switch providers (I do prepay, and I could have switched any time, but I didn't, right?).  I ended up buying an LG Volt for cheap on Amazon and joining Sprint.  It runs on Android, and there's a ... wait for it ... blogger app!  Oh, the joy.  And I have phone service in the house.  So I'm blogging from my phone on the couch.  The phone also has a micro SD slot, which the previous phone didn't have.  So now I'm listening to the Message anytime I want on my new phone!  See, I really don't miss my Windows phone at all!

So, the flu, this keyboard, and my new phone, all together, have brought you this post.  Yay!

Reality check: After I tried to add a photo to this post, the blogger app on the phone stopped working.  So I copied and pasted into my email, and I'm publishing this post... downstairs.  I'm back downstairs.  Lol.

Comments