Updates

I can hardly believe it, but during our break from school, Tater finished potty training (and before our big trip to Florida!).  Out of my four children, I finally have one who actually tells me when he needs to go!  He's still in diapers at night for the odd just-in-case accident, but he usually wakes up dry.  We're still nursing occasionally during a day.  If it's a busy morning and I can't nurse him right away, it's not a huge deal to him.  I could wean him pretty much anytime, but I'm going to wait until the cold weather is over and there isn't so much sickness going around.

Speaking of which... bleh!  I've had the oddest, sort-of-sick, but not really, achy, something virus-y that made my throat hurt really badly for the past week or more.  I've been able to do most of my housework, but over the past few days, New Daddy and Precious have graciously filled in the gaps that I just couldn't.  And I've been obsessed with decluttering.  The trash can outside is overflowing and New Daddy made a delivery to charity today.  I really should be getting to bed to rest up, but...

I'm not sleeping well on this new bedtime-thing!  I visited a holistic dentist in November, and it was the best checkup I'd ever been to.  This lady knows her holistic stuff.  And she mentioned adrenal fatigue, since she noticed my thyroid was a little puffy.  So I've been trying to repair my adrenals (this supplement is the bomb), which has been mostly successful.  Except for going to bed by 10:00.  I'm always waking up at 2 or 3:00, which means I get up, get a snack, and then play a tape to get back to sleep, usually around 4:00 AM.  And then I wake up groggy because my sleep wasn't cohesive.  So I've been pushing my bedtime later just to ensure I'll sleep all night.  Messed up, yes?  One article said to snack before bed to keep from waking up.  I might start doing that consciously.

So- always something to repair my health.  Always a trial to strengthen our hearts.  Always something to increase our patience.  But always, God gives us what we need to get us through it.  For that, I am very thankful.  And I'm thankful that Tater is finally potty trained!

Comments