It's the small things...

... that seem especially great to me right now.

Last month, our water bill reached an all-time high of $71, thanks to the polybutylene leak in the front yard.  We knew we had to do something about it, but we hadn't been able to.  It all happened at the same time; the plumber was able to come by and give us an estimate that we could afford.  The money was available to have the work done.  I'm not really sure how all of this happened, since we're not exactly budget-people.  God knew we needed the money, and it was there.

But several weeks ago, I had forgotten about that huge water bill and added on the late fee when I paid a week after the due date.  When I got the [much lower] bill this month, I discovered that the city had waived last month's late fee and credited our account this month.  Blessed, I tell you!

And then, this weekend, the van's front right tire hit a nail.  New Daddy had lightly sprained his ankle hiking the previous day (he's healing quickly- another blessing!).  And so my sweet daddy, who was with us at the restaurant when the tire collapsed, insisted on changing the tire for us.  Blessed, that even though the nail dealt a fatal blow to the edge of the sidewall, we were able to get a matching tire just minutes away from the restaurant.  The tire that had been hit, get this-- was the older tire of the four; we had gotten the other three tires just months ago.

I'm sure these things might not seem like the most amazing things to a bystander.  But when nice things happen to you, you notice.  And I want to read this years from now and remember that even in small things, at this stage in our lives, God was looking out for us.  And no doubt, we'll see that He still cares.
"O give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.  Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works."

Psalm 105: 1-2

Comments