Views of the Kingdom

To a Christian, it seems that parenting contains multiple glimpses into the kingdom of God.  When I see a gurgling, cooing baby who can do no wrong, it makes me so happy to think that this is how Jesus sees me.  "...Forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." Mark 10:14

When my eldest challenges, and I have to explain to her why I have to correct her-- because I love her too much to let her grow up without guidance... it reminds me of the loving correction I receive from my Father.  And the book of Proverbs: "My son, attend to my words."  Listen carefully, this will help you.  You need this wisdom that I'm giving you.  Don't despise it; listen, and listen some more.  Hear ye Him.  Hebrews 13:8.

And the sheer joy of creative kids, living in their own worlds, dancing through the house, making noise and acting out the things they've seen and heard... It's just a small-scale demonstration of the authority and joy that God gives us through Christ.

Doesn't it make you love Him that much more?

Comments