The Pigeon

There are probably few things that give a mother more enjoyment than listening to her children share the reading of a book.  Right now, they're captivated by Mo Willems' Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog.  They trade off reading, and I sit in the next room, grinning from ear to ear.

But, as if that weren't enough, then Cutie busts into the kitchen and announces, "Mama!  I just wrote a new song; here it is!  Don't let the pigeon drive the bus, don't let the pigeon drive the bus,... um... I forgot the rest..."  (bluegrass tempo)

And then the kicker:
 "Can I sing it in church?"

New Mommy:
"Um, I'm not sure that's a church song."

Cutie:
"Well, I can sing it the next time we have church with Mimi and Poppy; that's when I can sing it, at their house." (she talks in run-on sentences)

I bet Mimi and Poppy can't wait to hear that song, hehe!

Comments