The Spring Santa

Is Santa real? That depends on who you ask. We have never lied to our kids about the existence of a fat man in a fuzzy red and white suit. Never. But an interesting phenomenon has cropped up in our house lately. Apparently, Bubby is convinced that Santa is real, regardless of what we've told him. And he's determined to convert everyone else.

The other day, I heard this discussion while the kids paused from singing carols in the living room; I was at the other end of the house.

Bubby: So Precious, Santa is real, right?
Precious: Well, not, really. He's just a man dressed like Santa.
B: But Santa brings us presents, right?
P: No, Daddy and Mama and [everyone else] gives us presents.
B: Well, I love Santa more than Jesus, because Santa brings us presents. (Eph. 4:8 came to mind, but I kept quiet; I wanted to see where this was going.)
P: WELL. I love Jesus more. Besides, Christmas isn't for Jesus anyway. He was born in the Spring.
B: So Jesus is our Spring Santa!

Eeeek! Not sure how they got there, but that's where they ended up. Bubby raced to me and excitedly told me that Jesus is our Spring Santa.

Comments