A week of chickens

Our first week of chickens went by a little fast, a little slow. A little fast, because we were so busy. And a little slow because of New Daddy's insane hours at work. Right now, the outside chickens are huddled together in their roost while the rains flood their pecking space below. After walking through our sodden yard to close them up for the night, I was pondering buying some Wellies (or borrowing New Daddy's), and was also thankful that I'm not a chicken.

I am also pondering how one can come down with two stomach viruses within two weeks. At least this one hasn't involved vomiting. Though, I'm making it nicely on powder-mix Gatorade and lacto-fermented sauerkraut and pickle juices. (Bubbies brand! You guessed it!) When I requested the sauerkraut juice this morning, Mimi laughed that I must be feeling better. To me, it's the best thing to recover from a stomach virus-- salty, probiotic water, cold and tangy. Reed's ginger ale was not a useful beverage for this particular bug.

But, at this point, I'm also bemoaning all of the people that I hugged yesterday at Cutie's one-year birthday party. Thank you for coming! (hope you don't get sick.) At any rate, we had a very nice ladybug-themed party, and it was great to get our families together again. Here are a few pictures we took.

Folks sporting their New Mommy-genius-crafter Ladybug Headbands: (my idea, executed by Aunt Mo for the kids, et al)

My fab Aunt Kaye
my sweet Bubby

And now, food:

Two dips, one chip
ladybug cupcakes (idea from here)

Super cheese crackers
seven dozen butter mints (two hours' work)

And, some fellowship:

Grandad R and Poppy chatting
Ah-- no, thank you... (my Cousin Brian)

And, lastly, a toddler and her cupcake:

Comments

Marie said…
I'm still sad I missed the fun, though it was wonderful to see Precious and Bubby last night at church. They had lots to tell me. :D

You didn't tell me about the ladybug-themed headbands--very cute! :D