And... the reality

I like the fairly new Blogger feature of being able to publish ahead of time, so that my blog goes on, even if I'm incapacitated (like yesterday) or on vacation (Christmas Day). This also means that what goes on the blog might not exactly reflect what's going on at our house.

For instance, Cutie spent most of her birthday crying in pain from her erupting molars and watching cartoons with her bedridden siblings. She also spent a lot of her birthday in her daddy's care, since her mama was mostly bedridden, too. This greatly endeared Cutie to New Daddy, and she will now ask for him even when I'm holding her. Daddy cuddles are very special.

At any rate, I thought it would be kind of fun to share one of the "cartoon audience" pictures that I took yesterday. They were watching Donald Duck and a bear. Don't you just love Bubby's face?

Comments

Sarah said…
That is so adorable....and hilarious! My girls almost always prefer their Daddy when he is around!
New Mommy said…
Yours, too, eh? It's precious how children gravitate towards Daddy when he comes home (and let me do whatever needs doing in peace ;).
Aly said…
She was crying from watching cartoons with her bedridden siblings? Aww... poor dear! :)
New Mommy said…
Well... I think it was more that she was cutting in her one-year molars that made her so miserable. But, I know she appreciates the sympathy!

I'm glad it was only her first birthday, so she didn't really know how much excitement she was missing... besides getting to watch people vomit.
Aly said…
LOL... I understood. I was just teasing you about your sentance structure :)
New Mommy said…
Haha! As you can see, I'm a little slow :D. And, I see that you are an expert proofreader!