Coming out of the fog

This is going to be a random, catch-up, trying-to-remember-everything post.

Well, here we are in our new home still-working-on-the-sweet home.  There has been so much work to do here, and that was with my parents living here a week before we moved in to repair the water heater, install closet rods and shelves, put in a new rear exterior door, mop up the overflowing septic line, paint, clean, clean, and clean some more.  (and I can't even name all the other stuff they've done, it's so much)

And then we moved in.  I still haven't found our main phone, so we've been surviving with the one that we had when we were first married.  Folks calling our new home can now hear the "vintage" message with soothing Beethoven piano music in the background.  Ahhh.

Oh, and after we moved in, the septic line overflowed again.  After getting that deal all pumped away and cleaned out, I feel like we can almost live in here.

Then, I discovered yet another leak under the kitchen sink.  My dad had already fixed the right side.  Well, now the left side is leaking.  And, with the dishwasher not working, this leettle problem has modified my hand-dishwashing activities somewhat.

I still can't find my stockpots, and that is bothering me, too.

But, we got internet last Friday, which means that instead of spending time unpacking, I can now escape to facebook and email!  The computers are in our room, and I haven't hooked up my main pc yet.  I'm on New Daddy's macbook, since the setup was a lot quicker, and it takes up less room.  Thus, the only pictures available are from the iPhone, which is amazingly compatible with a macbook (surprise :D).

As far as remodeling efforts, Poppy did a major overhaul in our hall bathroom, and it is looking super.  That is one spot of happiness that I try to look at as often as I can.  I've also put up window film on our front semi-circle window, so that the neighbors' reality show view of our kitchen is officially over.  And the other night, we were cleaning (a relative term) the garage, and came across our solar lights that I bought on clearance four years ago.  Within twenty minutes, we and Precious and Bubby had them assembled and lining the driveway.  At 9:30 PM.  I bet the neighbors who get up at 6:00 AM were thrilled.

More about the painting.   When we went to paint on the two gallons of misty-silver-purple that I wanted for our bedroom, it looked like Big-Chew-bubble-gum purple.  Maybe it's the way it looks up against the current color, but the color I wanted, it is not.  So, now, we're beginning the saga of running back and forth to Lowe's (and me knowing nothing about mixing paint), and trying to get a color that I can live with.  It would be so nice if paint actually looked like the sample when you put it on the wall.  Especially for such an artistically challenged person as myself.

The kids are so excited about our new home and going to church with some of their aunts and grandparents.  Cutie is still rolling over, and coos more than she cackles.  She's infamous for finding a random grandpa and daring him to smile at her in church while she charms him.  Truth be told, I have trouble keeping a straight face, myself.  Precious and Bubby have taken it upon themselves to partially unpack certain boxes, which has varying results-- sometimes helpful, sometimes quite messy.

And there, my friend, is a rough sketch of what we've been up to lately.  If I ever think about moving again, I think I might just come back to this post.

Comments

Sarah said…
Whoo! All that and three kids; I feel for you! All the mess from having our new flooring put in drove me crazy! I can't wait to see pictures!
New Mommy said…
Ug- might have to wait a while for the pictures. I'm blogging on the mac, and it doesn't have an adaptor for my compact flash card.