Bubby's bed news

He's in a big-boy bed now! And by that, I don't mean just a toddler bed. I've been itching to get him in his twin bed for some time, for several reasons. One, we can finish nighttime potty training before Cutie arrives. Two, it's a step towards bunk beds for when Cutie gets her own room and Precious moves in with Bubby. Three, some major components of the bed, namely the box spring and metal runners, had been sitting against my side of my bed, and I was ready to get my space back.

Tuesday night, New Daddy bought slat boards and got the slats cut just before bedtime. We couldn't stop there, so we went ahead and assembled everything. When we finished, I asked Bubby if he wanted to sleep in his crib or the bed. "The bed," was his answer.

It took him about an hour to fall asleep Tuesday night, but he stayed put. Wednesday, during his nap, he stayed put. Wednesday night, he stayed put. It was nothing like our experience with transitioning Precious to a toddler bed. But now that I'm reading over it again, she wasn't even two! Yipes.

At any rate, I think this boy's been ready for a big-boy bed!

Comments