It's working!

Precious is sleeping very well in her toddler bed so far. The only times we've heard from her have gone something like this:

[Mommy enters room, loudly whispers] "Precious, do you need to go to the potty?"

[Precious, loudly, as if fully awake] "Yesss!"

And, I proceeded to verbally walk her through the steps of self-nighttime pottying, except for a few "Mommy do it!"s from her. The next morning, she was dry and needing the potty again. I think we have success, as long as there is a potty session sometime around midnight.

However, I'm not so sure that the garlic poultice is working very well to cure me of the pinkeye that I seem to have contracted from Precious. Right now, my right eyelid is quite swollen and pink, and that didn't start until after I applied the poultice. But, we all know that things swell after they die, right? (as in, the bacteria :D)

*edit*
Okay, tonight didn't work so well with the bed, because there is an open toy chest right at the head of Precious' bed. She was caught playing the xylophone twice. The second time, she received a couple of swats, one for playing, and one for a "go to sleep" reminder. After a potty visit, I think sleep finally superceded any further musical attempts.

Oh, and New Daddy came home, saw my eye, and exclaimed, "You look horrible! You need to go to the doctor!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know how your pediatrician is...but mine is wonderful about calling medications in to the pharmacy. That is, when it is something as simple as pink eye. With it being the holidays and you having a younger baby, they would probably be happy to! It sure wouldn't hurt to call.
Anonymous said…
I hope you & Renee get over the pink eye quickly. I pray everyone will be well for Christmas vacation. Zach has gotten the fever bug Esther had 2 weeks ago! Can you believe it has taken so long for the symptoms to show up? I am praying he gets over it quickly. He's missing more school again too....I hope we can catch up.
New Mommy said…
Oh, dear, I think I've scared everyone! I am feeling so much better today!

I think I just overdid it with the garlic. I applied it only once to Renee when she first started showing pink eye symptoms, and within three days, she was all cleared up. With myself, I think I applied it five or six times.

It really does work against pinkeye (antibacterial, antiviral, anti-just about everything), but I think I went overboard. Hence, the swelling. It did go down some overnight.

Monica, that sounds exactly like what happened to us (two weeks later)! I think that's a standard incubation period for a virus :(. I'll be praying for the little fella.

Ben woke up this morning a little stuffed up, and I sent him to work with a whole tube of Airborne, plus Zicam! "You do not want to get this cold!" I told him :D.