A few from Precious

Today, Precious was sitting on hanging off my lap in the rocking chair. "Mommy," she declared, "you have no lap. It's all tummy." After I laughed about this for half a minute, she said, "That's what you're always saying to me." And of course, I laughed some more.

Yesterday, Precious read perfectly through Brown Bear, Brown Bear. It was only after she'd finished that it occured to me to grab the video camera. I soon discovered that when you ask children to "perform," they really do. She ended up making up her own jokes about the book, and we couldn't get a straight reading all the way through, despite take after take. Here's my favorite variation: the one where Bubby clobbers his "mama" while she reads to him. I'm "big sister." (And that makes New Daddy, um, "husband." Yah. It's a little weird.)


And then, today's take, with some of the jokes, but at least we got the sequence at the end of the book. That was the thing that had impressed me the most; she was "reading" the pictures left to right, in subsequent rows.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute! Me & the twins really enjoyed these videos! They were both saying "Nay, Nay" and Kaylee is now calling Bubby "Cookie".:)
New Mommy said…
Haha! He is a little cookie-boy!
Crystal Cross said…
cute thanks for sharing. My boys enjoyed watching too. Thomas keeps asking me, "momma, who are those kids?"