First time for everything

Tonight was a first; we had to call the poison control center. While I was cooking, and Precious was sitting in the living room telling stories to her baby, Bubby walked into the kitchen with his legs and hands covered in something that looked like whitewash. A few thoughts and one scream later, I realized that he had gotten into the water that paintbrushes were soaking in. I ran to the bathroom, found a watery-painty puddle on the floor, and screamed again.

While I cleaned up Bubby and the puddle, New Daddy called poison control and told them what had happened. We figured, based on how little was in the cup, he could have swallowed two tablespoons, at most. The nice man told us that watery latex paint was an irritant, but it wasn't harmful, and to give him some water or juice to help relieve a potential tummy ache.

Isn't it amazing that we made it two years into our second child before we had to call poison control? If Precious had been with him, this never would have happened. Boys and girls are Very. Different.

Just another example of how Bubby gets in to Everything. He pours liquids out so he can play in them. Hmmm. That must have been what the paint-water was doing on the bathroom floor. Anyway, yesterday, he poured my milk into his plate of chicken divan. Yes, he reached over and took my drink so that he could play with it in his plate. His reward was that he got to eat goat-milk chicken divan. Not much of a bad consequence, eh?

I think I need to get him outside more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, boys are very different from girls.
There is no telling what a boy is getting into. It's like they do thing just to see how it works or what's it made of or just to see what can go down a toilet before they get caught.
Yeah, boys are really different and that is what makes them fun to be around.
Sarah said…
How do they/you like goat's milk? I don't know many people who drink it, and am curious....
New Mommy said…
The kids like it pretty well. The aftertaste has its own distinctive flavor, just like cow's mllk, so I'd say it takes a little getting used to. If you've ever eaten goat meat, you'll recognize the same flavor. I like it!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad everything truned out ok!