Going awol

My computer crashed after Bubby put a cd upside down in the drive yesterday. Apparently, I went about ejecting it the wrong way, because we can't get around the "start in safe mode" screen. It won't even start in Safe Mode. Not good.

But, never fear, ye in search of blogging entertainment, for New Daddy's faithfully blogging brother has posted a complete synopsis of the weekend's fishing disaster from his perspective. I guess New Daddy's account will not be soon-forthcoming, since his brother pretty much covered the awful details. And the funny ones, too. Y'all enjoy!

Until my computer gets fixed...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sharon,

Mark & I laughed until we cried at Bob's journal. We need to get Ben a key fob with an emergency button on it, so that his truck will BEEP and the lights will flash when he loses it. Also, Mark wonders why Ben didn't call AAA to get the car unlocked, and then everyone could have waited in the car rather than on a log with mosquitoes. Funny, funny story!
Anonymous said…
There is always a little hole in the face of the CD ROM Drive that releases the latch mechanism. It's located just below the tray, and is about the size of a paper clip. This works when power is off.
New Mommy said…
Kaye-- very good question about AAA. It didn't occur to me, and I'm sure that, with Bob mentioning the need of at least half a brain, it was the last thing on their brains, too. But, thanks for the reminder!

Daddy-- yes, I did that. But, only after I had restarted the computer once. Apparently, using an upside-down Mother Goose music cd for startup was just too much for the olde pc. Should have ejected it sooner, I think.