Seeing the light again

Ever since Sis. Charity H. (now B.) called me up a few months ago and asked me to learn the D-flat Chopin Nocturne for her wedding, I've been in an alternating state of complete laziness and complete panic. That's how we get things done around here.

The wedding was yesterday, and it was beautiful, a lot of fun, and quite long. The Chopin came off better than I had hoped, so I am very thankful. It was quite liberating to erase "practice piano" from my to-do list, especially since I rarely obeyed this dictate. However, with a month and a half to go until the wedding, the internet couldn't have gone out at a better time for me to really knuckle down and work on the piece.

Last week, New Daddy was out of town for training, and I came down with the nastiest flu-ey, achey, bad stomach-y bug I could have ever dreamed up. I had been planning to go stay with my mom for some free babysitting while I practiced piano. So, still aching, I loaded up the car Tuesday night and then met my dearest mom and sister halfway between our houses, a little over an hour. Then, Aunt Ma drove my weary self back to their house.

It's amazing what one morning of lying around doing nothing will do for you. By Wednesday afternoon, I was almost completely better; Thursday, I had almost forgotten I was sick. I was all better in time for the wedding, and everything came off very nicely. The nicest thing that happened this weekend, though, was looking out the motel window late Friday night and seeing New Daddy get out of the airport shuttle. It is so very, very, VERY wonderful to have him back home! I think we're almost back to normal, whatever that is.

There are a few pictures, mostly of Bro. Hughes' new church and of tired kids. They're over here on my Picasa.

*4-22-08 edit: Aunt Mo has saved the day! Her much more complete photo collection from the wedding is now posted!

Comments

Marie said…
"I think we're almost back to normal, whatever that is."

Lol--amen!

It was wonderful seeing you, though I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I normally do.

Give the sweeties a hug and a good bussin' for me. :)

Love y'all!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad ur feeling better!
Charity is sweet i like her!
There church is very pretty!
I'm sure you did good on the piano
you always do! Missed yall sunday sevral people were out
New Mommy said…
We had planned to make it this Sunday, but when Ben got The Bug Saturday night, he knew there was just no way he was going to be able to make it... hopefully next week!