Sleep-- what is that?

New Daddy pulled two all-nighters for a deadline this weekend, and I stayed up with him Friday night. Two hours of sleep-- ug. Sunday night, I sacked out on the bed in the basement. I would rather be asleep in the room while he works than be in our bed all alone. The only downside was that I couldn't hear the children. Bubby was feeling rather slighted when I finally got to him early Monday morning. Ah, well. Last night's early retirement helped us catch up on the sleep a little.

And... in the middle of it all was a trip to my hometown to celebrate the immediate family November and December birthdays: Precious, Aunt B, Cousins I and S. Aunt Ma blew us all away with her perfect (soft white) chocolate cake with orange buttercream filling, finished with chocolate ganache, and trimmed with white chocolate and chocolate-covered strawberries. Whoah, sista. I must admit, I placed the order for all that chocolate! And since Aunt B loves strawberries, it was quite the delicious, fruit-filled dessert!

Here are the kids having fun. Who taught them to dance like this? It is the funniest, cutest thing I've ever seen (as evidenced by Aunt R wiping tears from her eyes from laughing so hard). One of them just decides to start dancing, and they all join in. Pure joy.

So, you see, not getting any sleep isn't all that bad.

Comments