A persistent thought

My mp3 player started right here when I got in the car last week. It was exactly what I needed, and it's been rolling around in my brain ever since. Listening to it is way better than just reading it, I promise!

Hebrews Chapter Two 57-0825E


"First, God. She went in and baked that little cake, and come give it to the prophet. Went right back and baked another one, and another one, and another, and another. And the barrel never went empty, or the cruse dry, until God sent rain on the earth. She put God before her children. She put God before anything else. She taken the Kingdom of God, first.


God must have first place in your heart, first place in your life, first place in everything that you do or what you are. God must be first. He doesn't want the second place. He doesn't deserve the second place. He deserves the best, and the first, and all that we've got. He deserves it. Blessed be His holy Name!


For God also bearing... witness, he gave testimony, both with signs and wonders,... divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?


Not what men say, what the church said, but what God's will was. Oh, we need to seek the will of God, not the favor of your neighbor, not the favor of your children, not the favor of your husband or your wife. But, seek the will of God, and do that first. Then everything else, the will of the wife and the will of the children, will fall right in with it. But, place God first.


I've found this to be true with the children! Everything falls apart when I'm not prayed up. When I am prayed up, and what I ought to be, I'm much more able to take the ups and downs of the average day. And then, there seem to be a lot fewer "downs," too. Our pastor asked us to do a prayer chain (9:00 AM, noon, and 3:00 PM) to pray for a brother in our church who was diagnosed with liver cancer. I'm so thankful for these trials that send us to our knees.


"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:"
1 Peter 1:7

Comments

Bro Trevor said…
Thanks...I needed that one too.