Precious snippets

Well, we're at it again.

Precious remains a little whirlwind, zipping around one idea, bouncing off another; she is just way too much fun to watch. Tonight, she rode her tricycle in the driveway, and asked me to sit on the back end. I did, and laughed for the whole two feet that we covered. It was then that she realized that I was taking up far more than my share of the seat, and asked me to leave.

We also went hunting for "iguanas" (ahem, chameleons) in the weep hole for the retaining wall. After informing me that it was in that hole that they live, she proceeded to show me exactly how to extract them with a big stick. I couldn't help mentally dubbing her, à la Uncle B, "The Littlest Iguana Hunter."

I read her the book "Love You Forever" this evening. Before we started, I asked her the title. "Little boy sits on the toilet and flushes it," she replied. That earned her quite a few kisses. We've also recently discovered the counting song, "Over in the Meadow." I have been putting in lots of time in on that one, let me tell ya'. But I like the catchy tune, and the animal pictures are very cute. So, it's not unbearable at all. In fact, it's quite a privilege to have my busy toddler sitting still on the arm of the chair with her feet tucked under me, mesmerized by my song.

Life is good.

Comments

Anna May said…
i love that book...its so cute and oh so true...

did you know they have a girl version of that book as well?
New Mommy said…
No, I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out!