No photos lately...

... so here are a few to make up for it. Bubby is cruising as he pushes boxes, holds hands, and circuits the coffee table. He's also started playing peek-a-boo with us. He especially likes to hide behind restaurant menus and shower curtains.

Precious' sentences are getting longer, and her imagination is keeping up admirably. She is really starting to enjoy the Golden Children's Bible. Last night, she tried to sit on the camel on the title page; tonight, she tried splashing in the waves around Noah's ark. Both attempts involved sitting on the book.

I do not have to buy toys for my children. They are always getting stuffed animal donations, hand-me-downs, and new toys as gifts. And then, there is the occasional New Cardboard Box that provides them with ample entertainment for a few days. Here is Precious playing peek-a-boo in the box that our dehydrator came in. Bubby is usually the person who discovers her and chortles when she pops out.


And here's Bubby crawling to get the camera. Here's a memory-pic of Precious doing the same thing.



P.S. The pickles. Ug. I let them ferment for too long, and they got cloudy-- or maybe it was that I kept opening the jar to add things and admire it, etc. At any rate, the water turned cloudy, and there is a definitive "off" flavor. Oh, well. We have several cucumbers up and coming, and hopefully I can put them in the fridge while they're still nicely pickle-y, and before they turn putrid-y.

Any advice, anybody??? Is the water supposed to be cloudy?


Then, I went to bake more yoghurt-herb bread today. I used soft white this time, which turned out to be a mistake. Hard white was the way to go. It wouldn't finish baking in the oven. Some two hours later, I gave up on trying to get it done, and sampled the now-orange bread. It was okay, but nothing like the first attempt. Then, I started feeling sick! I quickly downed my Mrs. Bragg's vinegar in water. Was it the bread that wasn't fully baked??? I don't think I want to know. I'm fine now.

Comments