Allergies and dance lessons

Since I discovered that yogurt is one of the only enjoyable foods for Bubby, it has been the mainstay of his "solid" diet. This week, I discovered some line-like welts on his arms and legs that appear suddenly and then go away within hours (or sooner with GOOT*). Since the only other solid food that I can get him to eat is bananas, and this never happened with them, I can only guess that for now, Bubby is allergic to milk [products]. No More Yogurt for now. For his supper, I steamed and pureed carrots, which, thankfully, he only gagged on once.

Bubby is not the solid food eater that his sister was. She, who was devouring mashed avocado at five months, has a brother who still gags on it at nine months. It's too bad that, "Bubby! It's brain food! YUM!!!" doesn't convince him. My fake sneezing did get him to open his mouth while he laughed at me. But, it sure didn't keep it down. {sigh} At least his weight doesn't seem to be suffering too much from a lack of solid food. He tipped the scale at 21 pounds yesterday.

Onward...

Today, our kitchen was the scene for Dancing Lessons with Daddy. He's finishing up a project at work, and he was able to take several breaks to visit the family upstairs. No details about the lessons, but I do think that we need to buy a video camera, and that right soon. By the end, I was immobilized by my own laughter. For a man who once claimed that he had two left feet, I must say that the advent of a toddler in the house was just what he needed to "do-si-do" to a tarantella. A great time was had by all.

Precious has discovered a group of "doggies" in front of the fireplace. I think this means that her imagination is developing. At first, I was rather confused when she handed me a handful-sized packet of air and told me to eat the doggie. Then, I realized that it was, in fact, an imaginary doggie. Still, I ignored her command to eat it, and settled on just petting it. I think she was pleased that I recognized her doggie at all, as she didn't protest my rebellion against her orders.

*GOOT: Garlic Oil Ointment. Equal parts pressed garlic, olive oil, and melted coconut oil. Combine to make an oily paste and keep in fridge. Good for bug bites, basic rashes, viruses (apply to feet and lymphs), making garlic toast, or whatever ails 'ya. Except for Diaper Rash! No GOOT on diaper rashes!

Comments