Sponges

Precious is a sponge. A super-absorbent one. She knows things that I have no idea of how she discovered them. Last weekend, we watched several Young Foundations Bible story-tellings and "the peoples." Then, later last week, she was telling me something, but I couldn't understand most of it. I caught a little of "za-blablabla," and then, very definitively, "Come down!" It was then that I realized she was telling us the story of Zaccheus!

It appears that Bubby will be a good learner, too. He added his nickname ("Ookie") to his vocabulary this morning, along with "icky" and "stinky." I am beyond amazed. He is also standing by himself for a few seconds before going wobbly and letting me catch him-- at seven and a half months. At least he already knows what "no" and "don't grab" mean, so that's not far behind his incredible motor skills. He drinks from a cup without spilling, too.

Okay, that's enough bragging! I know everyone else thinks their children are amazing too!

Speaking of Young Foundations, Voice of God Recordings just published a children's book called "The Mother Opossum." It's a watercolor-illustrated retelling of the story of the opossum that Bro. Branham prayed for. Aunt Ma and Aunt R brought their niece and nephews these books from their Easter trip, and Precious loves it! (So do we!) This story is something I definitely want her to absorb.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love the book on the mother opossum! While at the VOG a brother who works there was explaining how much of a perfectionist Bro. Joseph is. Bro. Joseph feels that since everything they do is for the Bride of Christ, that it ought to be as well done as it can be. That nothing is good enough for God's bride and therefore it should be as close to perfect as possible. This book is a perfect example of that! I am eagerly anticipating what is next with the Young Foundations department, along with the website coming up. Also, they have a mailing list for the young people, with no limit on how young they are. I can't wait to see what mail arrives for my kids!