How to love

The new NGJ newsletter came in recently, and I was drawn to the "All You Need is Love" article. Being a mother, I'm constantly in a state of questioning my actions in the interest of my children. Debi Pearl's writing gave me plenty of food for thought.

"We have worked with people, teaching them how to train their small children; we have watched these little ones grow up to become adults and have children of their own. We have struggled to help several generations to train and love their kids. We have been around long enough to know it is not genetics or family history or even a bad past that makes men and women not love their children; it is selfish hearts."


And then...

"Love wears the garments of laughter, joy, thanksgiving, delighted eyes meeting delighted eyes. Love is driving down the road singing together because the children’s joy is more important than your own tranquility.

Love is hugs, cooking together, taking time to build a tent over the furniture. Love is making the children a part of your life—a part of your daily routine. Love is an irresistible delight in the developing soul of another person."

Isn't that precious?

Comments

Bro Trevor said…
Yeah, that was good.

I constantly have to motivate myself to go the extra mile past feeding, diapering, brushing, etc etc...and to love the kids by engaging, interacting, and sacraficing "my" time/energy for them.

I don't do as good of a job as I should I'm sure.

Thanks for the article quotes..