Family news

First of all, I need to mention that the late Ruthi's husband, JD, passed away on Monday. He had suffered for too many years, it seems, of a rare disease called Lewy Body Dementia. Ruthi, my second cousin, was his lifeline and cheerleader. When she unexpectedly left us last July, I think he was very ready to go with her. He was a Presbyterian minister and missionary to Brazil. To hear him pray, his humility showed that he knew Whom he was talking to. God rest his precious soul.

In other news, Bubby had shots at the doctor today. I was fully expecting a potty strike, but so far, it hasn't happened. He's been going to the potty all day, and refused to poop in his diaper (I diapered him today in anticipation of the strike). He was lying in the floor when he gave me a very meaningful look, grunted, passed gas, and waited for me to run and stick a bblp under his bum.

He's been a little "groan-y," even with Tylenol, so I've been reading to him to distract him from his pain. He and Precious love the Baby Bugs book. When we get to the grasshopper page, Precious is always eager to demonstrate the "Hop, hop, hop!" while he joins in on the potty. I love having noisy, joyful children!

Update on Bubby's size: at 7 months, he weighs 19.5 lbs. and is 26.5 inches long.

I also want to thank everyone who has been praying for me. When the fatigue hit last week, I was very short on patience with Precious, and I was constantly repenting. This Monday was such a contrast from last week, that I knew someone was lifting me up in prayer. I thank God for the patience and strength that He has given me through your prayers. I prove on a daily basis that I don't have it by myself!

Comments