Like a ship with a sail

Today's outing was slightly more stressful than normal. I was tired, it was raining, I had forgotten raincoats and umbrellas, and we were in the truck. It was especially hard getting Bubby's carrier in and out of the small back seat. And then there was the mess that Precious made from the kale she had taken from the grocery bags. After she had partially digested it by chewing it in her mouth, she decided to remove it and make Kale Sculptures in her new car seat. Very lovely.

But, thankfully, I had prayed through this morning, so patience was not so elusive! And, while I nursed Bubby before we went home, God gave me just what I needed: a song.


Without Him, I could do nothing,
Without Him, I'd surely fail;
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail.

Jesus, oh Jesus; do you know Him today?
Do not turn Him away, my Jesus, dear Jesus;
Without Him, how lost I would be.

I was amazed when I got home and opened up the just-arrived memorial to Sis. Rebekah from Believers International. On the last page, Bro. George wrote that, while searching for words at a time like this, there was one song that was ringing in his heart. And it was the very song I had just been singing.

God is good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
God is so good!! The same thing happened to me Monday. The Lord used Sister Lindsey Gilreath's CD to speak to me every word that I needed to hear! I had not heard the CD in a very long time and I put it in, the first song - The Promise--EVERY WORD WAS SPOKEN TO ME BY THE LORD!!
He is The Ever-Present Help in the time of need!!