Lil' Stinker!

Thanks to EC, I think I have had fewer than my share of baby accidents ending up on myself than the average mom. But today, Bubby royally made up for all that.

New Daddy is off work today (yay!), so we went to the chiropractor. Afterwards, we stopped by Circuit City to see about getting an mp3 player for our van. They had a four-hour wait for the free installation, so we headed on. As we pulled into the mall parking lot, I cued Bubby to poop on the potty. Something told me to wait for him, but I decided that we needed to hurry on in, so I took him off the potty and prepared to put him in a clean diaper.

And then, he unloaded all over my light khaki skirt. Mustardy brown, smelly baby poop (smelly because he's fighting a nasty cold and not nursing a lot), dripping down my leg, soaking through my skirt, sliming my skin. I was so blessed. "Aaaagggg!" I screamed. Bubby just grinned at me, his eyes hopeful and bright.

And so, we find ourselves back at home, with my skirt soaking in the sink. I have a clean skirt on now, so we're heading back out in a little while to find New Daddy a formal outdoor coat (our original goal at the mall).

"You are such a stinky booger!" I tell Bubby. He just cackles out laughter as I kiss his ticklish neck.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol. awww, the joys of motherhood.
my mum ad that happen to her and my lil sis was wearing a nappy at the time.

prehaps your emergrency car kit willnow include a change of clothes for yourself. ;)