Lady Grey saves the day

I finally broke down; this morning I was too tired to survive, so I brewed myself a cup of Lady Grey tea. It does the trick every time (about twice a year for me). I recorded the vocals to "Great Speckled Bird" with my sisters on Saturday, got home a little after midnight Sunday morning, and rode an hour and a half to church on Sunday. That night, we got home from church at a decent hour, but we got to bed at an indecent hour. And then, we were up at 6:30 to drive New Daddy to the bus stop this morning, because his car was at work.

But, the children took really long naps this afternoon, and I got in an hour of shut-eye myself. So, here I am blogging at 11:30. Hah.

Here are some random, happy things that happened today.

1) At Precious' request, I expanded my mommy skills to include making a diaper for a baby doll out of construction paper and Scotch tape. Precious was duly impressed. She kept patting it, kissing it, and saying "diaper." Unfortunately, it appears that this doll is destined to be a plumber... do we need a photo?

2) Precious says "b-flat" while she bangs on the piano ("C" sounds like "tee"). I sing "B flat" on the correct pitch, hoping she will find the right note. Sometimes, she randomly does :). When I play, I always have company, either in the bass department, or the super-treble department. If I'm holding Bubby while I play, Precious holds her baby doll while she accompanies me.

3) While I was nursing Bubby on the couch, Precious was pushing her baby doll in the kiddie-rocking chair between the couch and the coffee table. The problem with this arrangement? Mommy's feet were in the way. The solution? "Excuse me" ("cue me"). When I move, "Thank you" ("ake you"). And she scoots past, only to repeat the same scenario about five more times.

4) While Precious was ripping her provolone slices into random shreds, I had the idea to cut the portion that was still in my possession into recognizable shapes. I cut her three rectangles, an assortment of triangles, a square, and a lopsided octagon. We counted the rectangles, and then I said something like "Let's eat a rectangle. No, that's a triangle. Here are the rectangles. One, two, three." And on like that. To me, that is homeschooling :D.

5) New Daddy once again proved his Super Dad skills when he put fussy, overtired Bubby to sleep not once, but twice tonight. The first time, he woke up because he needed to poo. It's weird, but it seems that when Bubby gets overtired, he will not go to sleep for me, but he will with someone else. New Daddy wrapped him up in my cozy fleece jacket, and away they went in the glider.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You only drink tea about twice a year? Oh my... I wish I had your strength!!

I'm still waiting ever so patiently for to hear that CD! It's going to be good, I'm sure.

Blogging at 11:30. Is that bad or something? (grin)

I am certain that Renee is destined to be as musically talented as her Mummy. I think if I was asked to find B flat by ear, it would take me about 12 attempts. So there's definitely hope for Renee!

And all the other stuff is too cute. I so want to see y'all again!

God bless you!
Anonymous said…
I was thinking the same thing as Aly--lol--since I'm very much addicted to coffee, as you well know... lol!

When I see Renee dancing at church, I always think, "That child is musical!" So I'm sure, one day, that she'll know the difference between a B-flat and a C!(grin)

I love and miss y'all.
New Mommy said…
Not necessarily strength-- just excellent nutrition, I think. Ever since I have started making everything with freshly ground grains, we have had exceptional energy and have hardly been sick. Super Mom seems to help a lot, too, along with adequate sleep-- when I can get it.

Good news! The piano cd, at least, is nearing completion, from a mastering standpoint. Then, it's cover design and duplication...

You would only need 12 attempts, since there are only 12 different pitches in the Western scale ;).

We want to see you again, too! I'm glad to hear it will be soon!
Anonymous said…
Hence the reason I said 12 attempts... 7 white keys and 5 black keys. I do know the names of the keys, but doing it by ear, I would have no hope.

Can't wait to hear the CD. Or see all you guys again! I'm not sure how soon it will be tho. I'm still praying on that one!

When I grow up, I want to be a cool Mum like you. A super mum who cooks such awesome sounding stuff, and has as much energy as you do!

Adequate sleep. I think I need to re-educate myself in what that really means!
New Mommy said…
Alysa, I know you'll be a way-cool Mum!