We caught one!

Today, we caught our first elimination session!!! I am now a hopeless EC-addict. My mom is here helping me out right now. She commented that in cultures where they do this stuff because they have less access to laundry facilities (much less access to disposables), they usually have lots of family around to help out. She was a huge help, especially when she grabbed Precious before she could use her toy utensil to "cook" in what Bubby had just done in his potty. :D

Here's how it worked.

Since Bubby was born, I've been making the "psst" sound when I knew he was eliminating (and when it wasn't socially awkward). At first, I caught a drop this afternoon, and I was so thrilled about that, I was going to blog. Then, after we nursed, he got the "look" on his face. I took off his diaper and stuck him on the potty. He was fussy at first, so I lined the seat with a flannel blanket. He settled down, and I started making the cue noise. About two minutes later, I checked the potty, and it was full of numbers 1 and 2!!!

Then, I nursed him a little more. He got suddenly fussy after that, and I just knew he had to tee-tee. Sure enough, when I went to change him, he had a wet diaper again! If I had put him on the BBLP a little sooner, I could have caught that tee-tee, too.

Woo Hoo!! I have an EC baby!! (And I'm an EC mama!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!!!!

I know you are sooo.. excited!!