The Sock Diva

Lately, Precious has been obsessed with putting the baby's socks on her hands. Today, she took this to a whole new level with my oven mitts while I was baking cookies. The cookies are chocolate chip-oatmeal. New Daddy has been after me to make some oatmeal cookies, and I was in the mood for chocolate. This was the compromise, and boy, are they yummy! They taste even better when you know that they're made with freshly ground whole wheat and organic oats.

Happy day-late Birthday to my Dad! He is an awesome Daddy, and a very unique Grandpa. Here is a picture of him meeting Bubby for the first time at my birthday party last weekend.
I have discovered that Sundays wear me out-- big time. Last night, I was so tired I wanted to cry, but I was too tired to cry. With two children, I've discovered that mothering puts one in a constant state of being emotionally and physically bereft. Despite this state, I've realized that if my children need me, I will find the energy somewhere to do whatever they need. I was vaguely aware of this when Precious was a newborn, but I am keenly aware of it now. This way of being comes from knowing that I am the only person who can mother my children the way I can. They don't want anyone else, and neither do I. I am Mommy. I am Tired. :D

News
Two-week revival services begin at my parents' church tonight, and will be every night at 7:00 (listen in on PalTalk-- directions on the church website). Bro. Luke has invited a lot of different preachers: Bro. Donny Reagan, Bro. Joshua Bennett, Bro. Isaiah Brooks, etc. (complete list is here). The neat thing is, Bro. Luke isn't announcing who is preaching when. The idea is to come expecting good things, no matter who preaches :).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sundays---tell me about it!!

I have told Jeremy the last few weeks that I feel like I have been hit by a truck before the day is over!!!
I could do yard work, house work, a little of everything- and not be near as tired as I am come Sunday night! It is the hardest day of the week for me physically!
But, spiritally-it is the only day that I rest!!
I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Anonymous said…
I hate to hear that you are feeling so tired. The good news (spoken from having had 3 of my own) is that the tiredness eventually wears off. It is like training for an athletic event, the more you push yourself, the more your body adjusts and it doesn't weigh on you as much. In the meantime, if you could arrange for a babysitter for one day a mont or so (pump your milk), and just take a "me" day to do something relaxing or even just sleep, it will refresh your mind and body.

Lord Bless!
New Mommy said…
True that-- the tiredness is nothing compared to the blessing!