Toddlerisms

Saturday, I put Precious down for a nap a little early, and she didn't go to sleep. Instead, when I walked in on her 50 minutes later, I found that she had discovered how to escape from her crib! Not only was she out of the crib, she was sitting in the bassinet that is next to the crib, happily playing with the wipes that were on top of her chest of drawers, and other miscellaneous items from the baby items-basket.

I howled with mirth upon this discovery.

And then today, I howled once again with mirth. I found Precious sitting on the rug with an empty 35mm film canister in front of her bottom, studying it intently. "Precious, if you need to tee-tee, go to the potty," I said. She went to the potty and did her business. Then, she grabbed the film canister, and put it ~down there~ while she was on the potty. It suddenly dawned on me that she attends all of my doctor appointments, during which I fully explain what is going on -- like "Let's see how much weight Bubby (not Mommy ;) has gained," and "Mommy is p**ing in the cup!" Aren't children great imitators?!

Ah, yes, an illustration of the crib incident, not the potty one:
Last, but not least, Happy one-day-late Birthday to my little cousin Brian! He turned two yesterday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This post cracked me up! Toddlers can be so entertaining!

I didn't get to comment on your last post but I love the ideas for Lucas's room. Michaela loves horses and I have pictures of horses in her room. I also put the one of Bro. Branham and his horse in there. I wanted to hang a picture of an angel over the head of her bed but Alex wanted that one there. Put a prophet's picture instead of an angel's picture (a real angel). And I liked his point.

As for the other picture, you might be able to contact whoever runs the biblebeliever's website and find out where to get the picture as they have it on there.

Lord Bless!
New Mommy said…
Thanks for the great idea! Will do :).