Thanks, Bob

Special thanks goes out to my brother in-law for throwing my family in a state of panic by publishing last night's events on his blog! I started a good contraction pattern around 12:30 AM this morning, and I called Monica after it went on steadily for about an hour. Things didn't intensify, so we did the sensible thing and got some sleep. Unfortunately, sleep was a little more elusive for Bob and Monica, I'm sorry to say. But, the night's events still made for another hilarious post on his blog.

I went to the midwife today, and as it turns out, last night was the real thing, just not quite enough of it! I'm now up to a 3, and based on what has already happened, she thinks I will go into active labor sometime in the next 24 hours. I hope she's right :). I'm glad that so far, I'm a "putterer," because that means slower, easier labor. Contractions are strong, but very manageable. They're coming every 5-10 minutes right now, but there is no definite pattern, like there was earlier this morning.

We'll let you know when this fella arrives, and hopefully soon!

Comments

Anna May said…
LOL!!! Sounds like you all had an exciting night. Can't wait to hear the news of Lucas' arrival.