Baby time

During my 36-week checkup today, along with the labs, the midwife went ahead and checked for progress towards labor. And guess what, I'm already 1 1/2 to 2 cm. dilated! It's reassuring to find out that your body already knows what to do. Add to that some pretty serious Braxton-Hicks (every time I stood up) contractions this evening, and I'm thinking we're closer than I had thought!

Midwife: "I think it'll be sooner rather than later, but I'm usually wrong." (that last bit added in to keep me from getting too eager, I think...) Her other quotable quote: "If you have to call me to see if you're in labor, you're probably not in labor." [chortle]

All of this prompted New Daddy to dash over to the auto parts store to purchase the radiator hoses for the radiator that he's going to replace on my 240k-miles Accord. I bought it at 128k, and we've never changed out the radiator. When it started heating up at higher speeds and going up hills about a month ago, we decided that this probably needed to be done. I think New Daddy was thinking that he might not finish before he has to coach me through contractions :). The husband's version of nesting instinct, perhaps?

Precious had one small tee-tee accident on the carpet this afternoon when she was starting to get tired. Oh, and we were playing ball, too :D. Other than that, the potty has been smooth-sailing! It's so funny, she always signals me when she's already on the pot and bracing for #2. It's like she's saying "Mom, this isn't just tee-tee, this is the Real Stuff."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so excited for you! And the tale that the more you have,the quicker they come and the shorter the labor, is not just an old-wives tale. It proved true with all 3 of mine. Michaela took the longest, the OB almost didn't make it to the hospital room for Micah, and she wasn't going to chance missing Lydia so she stayed close by (which worked out perfect). So make sure to allow yourself more time than you had with Renee. ;-)

Lord Bless!
Anonymous said…
I think this is one of those stories only a mother can relate to.

Tho... I do wish you got photos of the lightning!
Anonymous said…
Congrats, Brother Ben!!

How wonderful to be able to work from home!!! (Especially with a new baby coming soon!!)