Window fixed-- miscellany

Wednesday afternoon, the glass guy replaced the truck window. It is so nice for the truck to look and feel normal again! It helps me to forget the awful feeling of being stolen from. Then, when it rained buckets on the way to Aunt Mo's house yesterday, I was suddenly very thankful that it had been dry while the window was out.

The afternoon glass appointment didn't leave me enough time to hoof it to Mo's new place and avoid traffic, so we stayed home and listened in to Bro. David West's testimony at my parents' church. What a blessing! Thursday, I went to Mo's old house to help load up the last of their stuff (including about 50 plants, haha!!) and help with settling into the new place. That was the most I've done to help them all week, so I'm glad I could do a little.

The other highlight of yesterday was listening to Bro. Branham's Life Story, 59-0419A. One part that really struck me was when he prayed "Let people love me so I can lead them to Thee." I thought, 'That is my greatest desire as a Christian'; what an example Bro. Branham was.

Ruthi's condition remains the same, though they keep upgrading her to better ICUs. One of her nieces suggested that I go play violin for her. I'm planning to do that tomorrow morning, if there are no objections from her close family or other patients.

Pottying remains two steps forward, one step back. I cannot figure out how to get her to tell me when she needs to go, short of letting her bless the carpet all the time! I just can't take that! Right now, I'm looking into cloth systems, like the Poquito or something from the EC store. I'm thinking of using a wool covering to keep everything else dry. This research is also helping me think about what to do for Bubby, but it's also pretty confusing. I think I need to drag out my EC books again.

One great thing that I have discovered, or maybe read about somewhere, is that Precious loves to go when I go. She'll even make an extra effort even if she doesn't really need to go. I think this will be a great tool when Bubby is born. They can potty together and encourage each other!

Comments