More details

I've been going into more detail about Ruthi's injuries with some folks on email, though what I know is pretty limited. The general sense among the family is that the injury was not directly related to the accident. It is an internal brain injury, and an injury from impact in the accident would have been external. There are no serious physical injuries from the accident. The doctors have said that the part of the brain affected controls her left-side motor function, not cognitive function.

The family has delayed the decision to insert a feeding tube for the 72-hour period following the accident. At that point (this point), the swelling should be tapering off, and it will become more clear if her body is going to begin the healing process or stay the same.

*******************************************************
I spent nearly the whole day in the car. This morning, we rode into work with New Daddy, where we met the police and filed our theft report for insurance. After I got home, I called the locksmith and met him at the car to have a new key made, since our only car key was in the stolen bag. Then, I got home just in time to dash out the door to the dentist-- an hour away. Then, we finished the day at Uncle B and Aunt Mo's new house-- another hour away in rotten traffic. It is a beautiful place, and it's in a beautiful, private area. We are so happy for them!!!

Through it all, Precious was such a sweetheart. There was very little complaining, and I think she even enjoyed the many changes of scenery. She seems to thrive on it! Plus that, she is going for longer periods without needing to potty, and she kept her pullup dry from the dentist-trip until her bath at Uncle B and Aunt Mo's. Woo Hoo!

Tomorrow morning, the auto glass-folks are coming to replace the truck window. To me, that will be a major step in feeling normal again. Right now, I'm ready to sleep!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Since it wasnt from the accident, does that mean it could be like a stroke that bled out in the brain?
I know that is what happend to Br. Reed but not sure if this is the same. Suzette
New Mommy said…
I think what happened was the equivalent of a stroke, but I am not familiar enough with the medical terms to say exactly what happened.