It's the good stuff

This evening, I came across this news article with results of a study on the effects of human milk in premature babies.

My favorite quote:

"Most infant formula is made from cow's milk," said Dr. Sheela Geraghty, who directs a breast-feeding program at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and was not involved in the study.

"We're the only species on the planet that drinks another species' milk," Geraghty said. "Human milk is what these babies need."

Moral of the story: if you can breastfeed, do it! Great book to get started-- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. Great website for support-- kellymom.com. Kellymom also has some basic information for Elimination Communication.

As I type, Bubby is still enjoying supper. The way he's in constant motion, I have a feeling he's going to be a wide-open, 100% boy! Things are about to pick up around here! Precious' new, constantly-in-use word of the past two days is "No." It is so cute-- much cuter than the little toddler-fits that we are training/ growing out of right now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hehe-- Yup!

I have to agree--no is the word of the day for Renee! She must have said it 1,000 times while I was there!

Thanks for putting up with me!

Love y'all!