Potty milestone

Yesterday, Precious let me know that she needed to do #2 before she did it in her diaper! She went barreling down the hall towards the bathroom, and when I caught up with her, I asked her if she needed to go. She gave me the wide-eyed, "It's coming NOW!" look, and I rushed her to the potty. It had barely started, but she was able to hold it off until I got her on the seat. Boy, was she relieved!

She has started telling me when she needs to do #1 by grabbing her diaper. Lately, I've been consistently rinsing her off with cold water in the bathtub while I tell her that doo doo and tee tee go in the potty. I think doing this has sped up her "awareness." I'm still offering the potty at timed intervals, but if she doesn't need to go, we leave it alone.

Another potty milestone is occuring right now. The toilet is being unclogged.

Sunday morning, I turned around from flushing the toilet just in time to see Precious' baby comb disappearing down the tube. I screamed and frantically grabbed for it. Then, I corrected Precious. This is what New Daddy heard: Mommy scream, baby cry. He thought there had been an accident.

We kind of hoped that the comb might pass and somehow make its way to the septic tank to be immortalized. But, this was not to be. After a few more uses, the tank began to back up. The comb was still inside the toilet.

Enter Mimi and Poppy, bringing Cousins Za and E back from a fabulous two weeks of vacation. They were going to paint the guest bedroom/ Bubby's future room today. Guess what Poppy is doing. He just finished taking the toilet outside and tipping it upside down to retrieve the comb. He was successful, and he's putting everything back together right now.

And, guess what. It's his birthday! Happy Birthday, Poppy! We're so glad you could fix our toilet on your 58th birthday! I have the best dad in-law ever.

*edit* He's painting now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sister, your mommy-methods just crack me up! Cold water...what a good idea! Just enough of a "wake-up call" to grab the attention. :-)
I'm so impressed.

A comb down the potty...oh no! Atleast your dad-in-law managed to extract it.

I'm glad Renee is getting the hang of things. What a darlin. Great post. :-)
New Mommy said…
Thanks, Sister Sam! I got the water-idea from the Pearls in TTUAC. I modified it to suit Renee's age and abilities.