Striper season

It's April Fool's! I'm glad my school days are over, even on a Saturday April Fool's day. In French, it's called Poisson d'Avril, "April's fish." I wonder if that ever had anything to do with the start of great fishing :).

New Daddy left at 5:30 this morning-- in the rain-- to try out his new kayak and catch some striped bass on Lake Lanier. He said with the high temperature last night and the cloudy morning, the fishing should be great into the early afternoon. I hope he's right! He's found some great spring patterns that usually work, so he has a great time fishing for stripers on that lake in the Spring.

Late yesterday afternoon, Precious had a setback with the pottying. While I was walking to get the mail, she did her stinky and tee teed while she was at it! I knew she would need to do #1 soon, but I was going to let her go after we checked the mail. Argh!!! I let it hit me pretty hard, and I got really frustrated. Then, I had to remind myself of the "toilet learning" phrase.

And yesterday's quote of the day on VGR was on how God loves to test us! I should have known I had a test coming up that I'd need to pass. I pray next time, I will.

New Daddy left the camera battery at the house :(. I might go to meet him at a small local lake so we can do a little sailing together. Maybe I'll remember to bring the battery so we can get some shots of Precious on her first kayak trip! For now, we're headed to Harry's for some beef, tahini, and organic sweet potatoes...

P.S. Precious is thrilled right now. I just put the footstool in front of the sofa so she can climb up on it. She's running back and forth on the couch, making spluttering noises in the cushions.

Comments