Boy oh boy!

Yes, we are having a boy. This fact was very clear from the ultrasound. New Daddy is thrilled, because he'll have a little fishing buddy! Cousin Z was wanting a boy, too. I think he needs another little man around to help him deal with all of those girls!

At the beginning of the ultrasound, the technician saw the gender, and asked us what we were hoping for. I said, "Daddy is hoping for a boy, but we were also hoping for a boy with our first one. Then, we discovered how wonderful girls are." A few minutes later, I realized that she had seen, and she was keeping us all in suspense!! I got a good laugh over that. But, we waited to find out until we could see the vitals, and Aunt Mo was the first one to pronounce it a boy.

The technician also detected slight placenta previa (the tip of the placenta is covering the cervix). The midwife told me that the uterus crowds it out of the way in 90% of cases. If it stays below the baby up to delivery, I'd have to have a c-section (so much for going natural!). We'll be praying about that. I'll have an ultrasound at my next check-up to see if it's improved.

I'm ecstatic, but a little unsure about having a boy! I'm used to a girl, and I'm not sure how different a boy will be! I know that I love him loads already, though!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats Sharon! I'm happy you and Ben are going to have a little boy, I'm sure Renee will love being big sister. We'll be praying that you can have a natural birth.
New Mommy said…
Yes, I think fishing will definitely be on Renee's skills list. Ben already has her kissing them!
Isaac'swife said…
woohoo........ congrats.
have you thought of any names yet?

make sure the Renee gets ample chance to fish as well............every girl needs to do things with her dad, and it not just be for the boys.
New Mommy said…
I think with Ben, she will not be able to help learning to fish! lol

My dad taught us how to do all sorts of things: check the oil in the car, change the car's alternator, use a band saw, drive nails, use a drill, etc. Tons of fun! Agreed, girls need to learn things from their daddies!
New Mommy said…
About the names-- we've been tossing a few around, but nothing decisive yet.
Anonymous said…
CONGRATS!! WOW, I know Brother Ben is excited! You do know alot about girls, but boys are EASIER! At least for me! Renee will love being a big sister-and she will be a great one!
One great thing about boys are that mommies are the most WONDERFUL POEPLE IN THE WORLD! They think that daddies are great and look up to them so much, but there is nothing in the world "more better" than being held by mommy! It's a different relationship all around!
I am so glad that you get to experience them both!!
...as for the fishing, I'm a mommy and I still go! I love being out there together as a family!
Congratulations again!!!