Wednesday's adventure

I talked to Aunt Ma on the phone Tuesday evening, and she told me that her school would be in the metro area on Wednesday. So, after lunch yesterday, we set out to meet Ma and her lovely etudiants at a specified museum. Got to the specified museum. No Ma, no Ma's school. Hmmmm.

"Maybe you could try our science center," suggests the front desk lady after giving me my admission refund. Hands me directions to the science center with a phone number. I drove to the science center. No Ma, no Ma's school. "All of our schools were here this morning," says the lady at the desk.

I leave the science center and head to the Dekalb International Market, which is usually my reason for coming to this side of town. It is the awesomest place to shop for groceries in the metro area. I get my wild chinook salmon there for only $7.29/lb. (Harry's usually runs $12.99/lb.), plus this great Greek yogurt Aunt R has been telling me about (Fage).

On the way to the market, I place a call to Ma at school, because her planning period is just starting. "Hello, this is Miss R," she says, oh-so-professionally.

"Hello, this is Mrs. B," I reply, oh-so-sweetly. "I went looking for you at the museum," etc. I gave her the run around for a little while, because it was fun. Turns out, she had said it was Wednesday and had assumed I could figure out which Wednesday it was! We had a great laugh and hung up. It's always nice to hear the voice of your sister at the start of your planning period, rather than the voice of a student's parent, I assure you!

Thus went yesterday's adventure. Precious was cheerful through it all and took a nice nap on the way home.

Before supper last night, my neighbor was pruning his crepe myrtles, and his toddler was milling around the yard. Upon seeing the toddler from our front window, Precious started banging on the window and yelping at him to look at her. So, before I could change my mind, we hopped outside and played/chatted for a while. The highlight of this episode was when my neighbor told his son to give Precious a hug. He did, she returned, and they both toppled over in the grass! I wish I had a video of that.

Comments

Marie said…
Somehow, I missed the fact that you actually visited the science center... oh DEAR!

--I was sure that you knew which Wednesday I was talking about, since you're incredibly smart--as well as my sister--and can read my mind...lol!

And you're right--it was great to hear your voice--about 100 times better than hearing from a parent!

God Bless!


LUV-