Join together

I love this message, and I especially love this story! It helps me keep my thinking in the right place...

HOW.THE.ANGEL.CAME.TO.ME.AND.HIS.COMMISSION 55-0117
62 Now he... Brother Ryan, are you here? He isn't here. He was the other day, wasn't he, boys?
63 Well, they just live with what they can get a hold of, and he didn't have nothing to eat in the house. That's right. And I had caught some fish out to a pond, or a lake, in Michigan, and I come back down--and I come back down to the place. And they didn't even have lard in the house, or grease, to cook the fish with. And I said, "He left you without anything in the house?"Said, "Oh, but he's God's servant, Brother Bill!" Said, "He..."
64 And I thought, "Well, bless your old heart. Brother, I'll stand right by you." That's right. "You think that much of your husband, I'm ready to join up and stand by you for that." That's right. We need more women like that today, and more men thinking of their wife like that. That's right. It'd be a better America if husbands and wives would join together like that. Right or wrong, stay with them. Wouldn't be so many divorces.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen! I love that Message too and hear it rather frequently. That particular quote struck a cord in me recently also. A woman standing by her husband no matter what. What an example to the rest of us. It reminds me of something Bro. Luke once preached. He said that even if you know your husband is in the wrong, to still stand by him and take his side. I think so many homes would be happier if more of this was a more common experience.

Lord Bless!

Love ya'!
New Mommy said…
I know that keeping my mouth shut sometimes has made our home a lot happier! lol :)