Ebay-ing

New Daddy took the day off, because he sold his bass boat on Ebay, and the guy came to pick it up this afternoon. The auction ended Tuesday night, and we were really pleased with the outcome. It was a very fair price for New Daddy, and a very fair price for the buyer. Ebay gave us the marketing we couldn't have gotten elsewhere (something like 3500 page views at the end of the auction), and our new camera has already paid for itself in the excellent shots New Daddy took of the boat with it.

I learned a lot from the guy who won the boat. When there were about 10 seconds left in the auction, he swept in from "nowhere"-- hadn't bid before-- and bid a much higher amount than anyone had before. It was so exciting to watch, and my heart was pounding during the last minute of the auction, watching that bid go up!

So, I decided to use a similar technique to win an April Cornell dress for Precious (for which the competition was way less-- I was the second and last bidder). I think it matches one I had already bought on clearance at the Greenville AC outlet. So, for Easter, we'll hopefully be wearing matching dresses! Hopefully--it looked like the same print in the ebay photo. We'll see :).

Ebay is awesome.

Comments

New Mommy said…
Okay, the dress came in Monday, and here is what happened with the dresses matching. It really looked like the same flower to me (!), but Ben told me point blank last night that they look nice together, but they don't look the same, heheheh.

It's nice to have someone to speak the truth in love!