Praying for Mrs. Right?

This has been on my heart today. I doubt many single males read my blog. But, I still wanted to write this.

A wonderful thing about New Daddy's upbringing is that he had a dad who told him the absolute importance of praying through about the woman he would marry. New Daddy asked God to give him a good wife who would be a good mother to his children. After he had prayed through and knew God had heard him, he left it alone. About three months after that, we met.

When I met New Daddy, my thinking was that this was the kind of man I could marry. And less than a year later, we were married! Every day together is sweeter than the last, and we rejoice knowing that God brought us together, not our own ideals and superstitions about love.

Another thing I would like to mention is some very practical advice for men who are looking to get married. In Chapter 20 of TTUAC, Michael Pearl writes a letter to his sons. In this letter, he mentions most of the pitfalls that people meet when choosing a mate. I think it would help a single man know what he is looking for. It's also a good letter for ladies to read, so that they can remind themselves of the things their husband (future or present) loves most about them :).

Oh, and by the way, I have two awesome sisters who will make two awesome men wonderful wives someday. They're both teaching school, but they'll let that go for Mr. Right. Aunt R loves to laugh and talk, and will leave you in stitches with her stories. Aunt Ma is an artiste (in temperment more than output), also loves to laugh, and is a gourmet cook. If you go to court either one, you'd better know what you're there for; my dad will put you through the single-suitor wringer. Any lady worth having should have a father who does.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Amen" to the first part of your post.

As for the end of the post, I couldn't help but laugh. It sounded like the one in the middle is trying to play match-maker for her sisters. Will keep them in my prayers for a godly mate.

God Bless!

Love ya',
Heather
Anonymous said…
Where do I send my resume?
New Mommy said…
Haha-- very funny!