New sleep sack!

Hey! I haven't been blogging, because I just finished sewing Precious a new sleep sack. On Friday, when I came across this quilted flannel at Jo-Ann, it was love at first sight, and I knew that was the material. So, I cut everything out Saturday, sewed it Monday, and did the finish work this morning during Precious' 2 hour nap.

Here is my little model modeling it!


I couldn't quite figure out how to finish the bias tape at the top of the zipper, so I just folded it in and did a semi-whip/slip stitch. It wasn't the neatest, but it will do :). Another little glitchy thing was the bias tape around the top flaps-- I had to create gathers to make it fit. But, it was my best zipper ever, probably because I followed the directions instead of inventing my own-- lol! And, I finally figured out how to use the button holer on my Baby Lock. Yesterday, I was thanking New Daddy for buying me a nice machine before we had a baby (and while I was teaching), because I wouldn't have campaigned for a nice one after the baby.


Next project: a lilac flannel crib sheet; I'll cut it out during Precious' afternoon nap today.


"So, how's Precious doing?" Precious is doing fine, just as sweet as she can be! She's still fighting a bit of a cold, which I got from her, but already fought off, thanks to Zicam. Right now she's in the living room with me making sweet noises and sucking on her Little Colds bottle. She loves those dropper-tops, kind of like a substitute paccy.


Last night, while New Daddy was playing the guitar for us, Precious found his open case. I thought it was so cute, I snapped a few pictures. Here she is watching Daddy play:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Sharon,
You are a true columnist with the pictures accompanying the story line.. I think this one is the best yet!! Makes us feel like we are right there in the thick of the action..

Renee certainly is a sweet little cutie pie!
love, Poppy