What a morning!

So much to say... first of all, we had a great weekend at the Alabama camp! Great fellowship! Only New Daddy stayed up talking to Jeremy until 5:30 AM CST (translate that into 6:30 EST :). So, he wasn't functioning on very much sleep yesterday!

We got home around 7:00, and New Daddy was planning on going to bed early to help catch up on his sleep. Right after he rolled over to fall asleep, he remembered that he needed to reboot a server at work via remote desktop. So, he hopped out of bed and left me reading the latest National Geographic, an article about the avian flu. I fell asleep around 11:00. I woke up at 1:30. New Daddy was still at the computer.

He couldn't get the hotkey to reboot the server, so at 2:00, he got dressed and went in to work (!). I stayed up for a while praying for him, and then I curled up on the couch so I could answer the phone. A little after 3:00, he called and told me what happened.

He didn't have a clue for the hotkey. The two networking guys who normally do this stuff were both on vacation. He tried several key combinations, and nothing worked. This is a really important server, and if it was still down when everyone arrived at work Monday morning, it would have made the IT group look really bad. So, New Daddy bowed his head and asked God to show him the hotkey. Then, he didn't know what he typed, and he couldn't tell you how to do it again, but what he typed brought up the server list, and he was able to reboot the server. Our God is Real.

Besides God blessing New Daddy this way, another plus is that he's taking a half day, and I get my husband home for lunch!!

Comments