Teething and self feeding

This past Sunday, we visited our brothers and sisters in Lula, where Aunt Mo spotted some new stubs for teeth on the top of Precious' mouth. Well, that would explain why she's kind of fussy today! I gave her the Rubbermaid Blue Ice pack, and she happily chewed on it for about 20 minutes.

Then, for her afternoon snack, I gave her kiwi fruit and cheddar cheese (the un-dyed kind). I broke off a small chunk or two and fed it to her, and then laid a piece on her tray. It took a while, but the cheese finally made it into her emerging pincer grasp and into her mouth. I think there was some sucking involved. I made a huge deal over it, clapped, "You're such a big girl!!", etc. Before long, she was really getting the hang of it, and really enjoying herself!

The interesting thing is, most of her feeding was with her left hand... from a Mommy and Daddy who are both right-handed :).


Comments