"Peek-a-boo!"

Yes, Precious really said "peekaboo" this morning! To keep her occupied (ahem, happy) while I changed her diaper, I usually play peekaboo with her. Well, this morning, after she pulled the cloth off and I said "peekaboo," she said "peekaBAH!" and grinned while I clapped for her!

She has been getting off the trampoline by herself for about a week now. The turning-around-thing that I tried to show her never caught on. Instead, she "wheelbarrows" off, hands first. Then, she looks at me, claps, and waits for me to clap, too :).

Another shameless attempt for positive attention (AKA clapping and "Yay!"'s): The hammer. The other day, I showed her how to bang the shapes that go with the Famous Red Hammer. Then, I handed her the hammer to try it out. After a few little taps, she stopped. I clapped and said "Yay!" Then, she tapped a few more times, quickly dropped the hammer, started clapping, and watched to make sure I was clapping, too. So, I clapped; this is still a favorite game. This brings to mind what my friend with seven children told me: "You think you're training them, but one day you'll realize that they're actually training you!"

Comments

boddah said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.