Playing the Wind Chimes

This morning, Precious discovered that the weight (pendulum) on the wind chimes is connected to the clapper that strikes the chimes. She grabbed the weight, followed the string with her eyes up to the clapper, and watched the clapper hit the tubes and make pretty sounds while she moved the weight. She made pretty, sometimes raucous sounds for about 20 minutes, constantly smiling her open-mouthed smile of wonderment.

Wednesday, she stepped from the coffee table to the loveseat. Does this qualify as walking? Probably not, since she was still holding on to stuff. But, she is still cruising pretty seriously!

New Daddy is still working on my brakes, bless his heart :). One of the bolts on the driver's side is stuck tight. The other three are fine, but this one ain't going nowhere. The corners of this bolt have been nonexistent for a few days, so he's drilled a hole down the center, and attempted to extract it with a bolt extractor-thing.

Why is this bolt stuck so tightly? I was wondering if the last folks I took my brakes to weren't a little miffed that I didn't want them to replace my brakes for $500 and decided to overtorque just one bolt... I am ever the suspicious one. New Daddy, ever the wiser one, doesn't necessarily agree.

Comments