The Newses go to Still Waters!

Both Bubby and Cutie completed enough tape quizzes to get into a reward Still Waters Camp for a weekend. In addition, Brother Joseph wanted to reward the parents for keeping their children in the Word, so New Daddy and I received an invitation, too! Poppy and Mimi stayed with Precious and Tater for the weekend- thank y'all! I know most of our family has already seen the photos from SWC this past weekend, but I also wanted to share how abundantly blessed we were to have been there!



The original date had been rained out, but the 3-week wait was worth it, as the forecast was perfectly in the 70s and sunny during the day and in the 50s at night- perfect for bonfires and hot chocolate! I felt like God had ordered the weather just for us. Seeing the Milky Way over the lake at night was breathtaking.

During Friday's Quiet Time, New Daddy had planned to read three chapters in Psalms, not knowing what they contained. He opened his bible to Psalm 102. His eyeballs about popped out when he got to Psalm 105. This was immediately after he'd been talking to another brother about what a wonderful thing God has done by placing Bro. Joseph as He has. Psalm 105 was Bro. Branham's text for the sermon, Respects 61-1015E.
14 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
(this was the end of Bro. Branham's text)
16 Moreover he called for a famine upon the land: he brake the whole staff of bread.
17 He sent a man among them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant:
18 Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron:
19 Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.
20 The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free.
21 He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his substance:
22 To bind his princes at his pleasure; and teach his senators wisdom.

Just-- wow.
It also blessed New Daddy when he heard our friends' son's interview where he mentioned Psalm 102, too!

During Quiet Time, I wept my way through my letter to Jesus. I know He was there as I wrote, and the desires I expressed were truly from my heart. The next day, I asked Him about His will concerning a dear, elderly sister who has been getting increasingly feeble as a nameless disease has broken her body down. I closed my eyes and waited... and waited... and waited to hear His voice. When I opened my eyes, at the top corner of where my bible was open was this scripture from Psalm 30!
2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.

And I was reminded once again that it is always God's will to heal, no matter what the circumstance looks like.

I also read and meditated on a scripture that God opened New Daddy's bible to when we realized that God wanted us to leave a previous church, Proverbs 17:1--
Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than a house full of sacrifices with strife.

It had perfectly applied to our situation at the time. We thought it would be "drier" mostly listening to tapes, but we've found the opposite to be true. I've never been so content and well-fed! And when I meditated on this proverb during Quiet Time this weekend, the word "quietness" stood out to me. God is calling us from this busy, Laodicean age of clamor, to quietness before Him. I hadn't seen it that way before.

On Saturday, we received our t-shirts and Bro. Joseph had told the kids the theme of the camp, Code R.E.D. = Resist Every Devil. He retold the story of Jesus speaking peace to the waves. At New Daddy's Quiet Time on Saturday, he opened to Psalm 107:29

He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

And it was such a powerful thought that he was reading this scripture in this place, Still Waters Camp, which was designed to provide peace from the storms of life.

This is a little off-topic, but something I didn't mention when we were at BT in July dropping off Precious for camp, we heard this outstanding prophecy from Adoption #4. Prophets are landmarks that make people show their colors, and I am in awe at how God has blessed us to see this corner that has been turned. Truly, God is building something, and He wants us to "stay in the Word" so we can be completely unified with the Word when He returns. It was exhilarating to be a part of the standing ovation that happened when we heard Bro. Branham say this!

On Saturday, the sisters at Crown & Glory gave me a scalp massage, shampooed and styled my hair, and I seriously felt like a queen. Being treated like royalty has made me want to treat others the same way. It changed my perspective.

Another blessing... It was Monday that New Daddy realized that the pinched nerve in his neck that has been bothering him for the past month was feeling significantly better! He'd been to the chiropractor several times and was planning to go again this week, but this time, the Great Physician took his case. New Daddy can turn his neck easily again!

 
I haven't even talked about the wonderful time New Daddy had relaxing while fishing the lake, Bubby had meeting new friends, and Cutie had singing at bonfire. Because it was all fun, I can't name my favorite thing, but the sandbag-mounted .22 shotguns didn't have the kickback that our .38 revolver does. It was great to actually hit the targets, thanks to the zoom-in scopes, haha! I think the spiritual blessings were the icing on the cake of fun things to do. It was just an awesome combination.

The Sunday service was perfectly geared towards the young people and the older. The tape, Leadership 65-1031A was just what our children and we needed to hear. It was a bit like Teaching on Moses, in that Bro. Branham addressed the young people directly. The anointing on Bro. Joseph's remarks was awesome, as well. Our brother isn't against ministers, for he is an outstanding, yet humble one himself. Cutie was baptized in a rededication during the baptism service afterwards, which made these parents' hearts and eyes so full.

Testimony from the dad of the boy who cracked his wrist. New Daddy also happened to be on the tram with this brother, who shared this: When his son was first injured, Bro. Joseph prayed for him and told him he'd miss most of the day's activities, but he'd be back for the most important part. And guess when they arrived back?! Yep- right after supper and for Quiet Time. It was 1 Samuel 3:19 in action.

Both of the kids wanted to do interviews! So we stuck around a few minutes after camp was over to let them do this. We arrived home around 1:30 AM but had safe travels!
Cutie's interview

The other thing that a brother thanked God for, and that I had been meditating on was this. God raised up this camp as a standard to combat the enemy's flood of distractions and weariness. In this neurotic age where a real Christian is a sore thumb, it is wonderful to be in a fun, relaxed, Spirit-filled place surrounded by Christians with joyful attitudes and respect for each other and the Word. God knew we needed this place to restore our souls. I don't have words to convey what it means to us.

We are blessed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How awesome that you all were able to go to Stillwaters. These are really wonderful testimonies, Sis. Sharon. God bless you and your family. If you have time, please email me sometime. I would like to ask you something. Chris