New stuff for the living room

The new rug is wool, so it sheds a good bit.  It's useful for discovering which children have hidden OCD talent... the ones who make little piles of wool, hahaha.  We found it on clearance at Wayfair.com (with a coupon as well), and it was among the minuscule fraction of the rugs that New Daddy and I both liked.  He likes modern, I like... um, whatever.  I'm pretty easy to please, unless I pick out something ugly.  So New Daddy saved me from that.

Pillow covers!  Have you priced pillows lately?  Well, Hobby Lobby has covers ranging from $3 to $14.99.  So I picked up a few from there, and I enlisted the Castaway Cove Etsy shop for the other three covers.  I got six "new" pillows for the price of, like 2, maybe 3 pillows from the store.  New Daddy was a bigger fan of matching covers, but I'm pretty happy with how the random assortment turned out.  Aunt R had recommended some lime green somewhere, so we were able to find a fabric that used a bit of that.  In my little world, the couch makes me feel like House Beautiful or something... like I said, I'm easy to please.

I felt really sad about removing the covers that Aunt Ma had made for me in our old living room in our old house.  They totally beautified our 70s loveseat and gave it some sophistication!  Aunt Ma, I want you to know that I still appreciate my first pillows from you!  We're using the pillows that you made inside the new covers.  Thank you!!!

I had spotted these desks at Ikea a while back, but the Atlanta store had been out of stock.  But lo and behold, I checked the stock last weekend when we were contemplating a stop by the Charlotte store, and Atlanta had 26 in stock!  So Monday we headed down there, bought 3, and the kids' school work that afternoon was assembling the desks.  School is a lot less chaotic since we've added desks to the equation (yes homeschoolers can be reluctant to depart from using the dining room table and the floor as workspaces; I was slow, lol).  It's really nice for everyone to have their own space.  I also got some rails, buckets, and hooks to hang pencils and backpacks in/on.

So that's just a little update for now.  I still have some trim to paint, nail in, and then caulk... and paint the caulk.  But for now it's just a few things at a time, as the budget and time allow.

New rug, old pillow covers

Another view of the rug.  Apparently, the boys hate shirts, lol.

New pillow covers- #s 1, 3 and 5 are from Etsy, and #s 2, 4, and 6 are from Hobby Lobby.

Assembling their new desks (and how my house really looks, haha)

Comments