A snapshot of our homeschool

I took a couple of pictures and a video of our work today, and this is a little idea of what Classical Conversations looks like at our house.  Cycle 1 is ancient history and beginnings, so that's the main focus this year.  This week, we're taking a field trip to the Carlos Museum at Emory University to see real mummies!

For week 3, the history is Greek and Roman gods.  As soon as I walked into the living room this morning, Bubby was begging me to look up all of the Greek gods for him (even more than are listed in the CC memory piece).  Google was our faithful assistant, and I printed him a list.  I let this count as his CC copywork for today.  He didn't want me to take a picture of this, because he wasn't finished.

Here are some hieroglyphics that the kids did with a stamp set.  Precious did this one.

Here's a picture of Bubby helping Cutie with her piano theory while I was washing the *only* orange shirt he wears (that you can see in the video below).  Not sure when he'll outgrow the "uniform" stage, but you could say I'm ready!

Here's a list of the BBC DanceMat typing teachers that Bubby wanted to make.  Can you tell he likes lists?

Cutie loves her math notebook and her cover decoration.  We're still using Math-U-See, but they need to memorize facts for fast recall.  We're doing drill sheets in sheet protectors, timers, and dry erase markers.

And finally, for Essentials (the 4th-6th grade language arts program of CC), Precious wanted to help Bubby.  This didn't last for very long, and I did have to step in shortly after this, but I thought this bit was really sweet.


And now... the "wait for it."  This is me at 5:47 after a day of homeschooling, and I still had no idea what was for supper.  Hahaha.

Comments